This is the part that makes the meal fun and colorful…the bell peppers. I usually buy six (6) peppers and I like to buy two of each color. So that looks like two yellow peppers, two red peppers, and two green or orange peppers. After you wash them it is time to prepare them to cook and stuff. The way you do this is by cutting off the top of the pepper. You will then see the seed part of the pepper. You want to remove that gently. This will leave you with a wide open pepper ready to stuff with rice and beef.
“A healthy outside starts from the inside”-Robert Urich
The Stuffed Bell Pepper Instructions
This is what I do to cook these peppers…you can tweak the recipe as needed.
- Clean and cut the top of the peppers off and remove the seed / flesh of the pepper
- Put or spray a light amount of Olive Oil to the outside of the peppers
- Place the peppers upside down on the a cooking sheet covered with foil
- Set the oven to 425 degrees F and cook them for 20-30 minutes (get them as soft you want them without burning them)
- Prepare the rice 1 cup to 2 cups of water (I use Basmati Rice)
- Cook the meat or vegan meat and season it (I use TACO seasoning)
- You can also add salt, pepper, and garlic
- Add in petite diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes after the meat is well cooked
- Add butter or vegan butter to the rice as you like
- Mix the rice with the meat mixture and then you’re ready to stuff the peppers
The Grocery List
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 1 pound of organic meat (turkey-beef-vegan meat)
- Basmati rice (or whatever rice you want)
- TACO seasoning
- Shredded cheese (topping) after the pepper is stuffed
- Diced tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Butter (vegan butter)
⪢ Have you ever tried this recipe? Let me know how it turns out if you make my recipe.
keep reading | keep writing | keep learning
© 33 Monique Moments 2021. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.